Monday, October 23, 2006

The Knitting Must Go On

Still knitting that corset-t. I can't wait to be done it is going to be so pretty. The top border I've done in a dark rose and now the body part is a lighter dusty rose and it just looks so pretty. I am doing it in an acrylic yarn so It won't be a soft as silk. But the acrylic tends to soften up with washing. And it can be thrown in the washing machine. I have yet to find some cute buttons I need at least 12. I want to find some really pretty ones. I guess I'm gonna have to get them from Santa Fe cause they sure don't have what I'm looking for at Wallyworld. :(
I allready finished the hat forK&C's lilg. Still working on the scrf. I'm doing it with a cable so its taking alittle longer to do. Even with only 12 stitches. But it is turning out so pretty and dainty. I'm pretty sure due to K getting another skein that I wil have enough for a small blanket too. Ohh or maybe even a little Poncho. That would be too cute. The ideas are spinning around in my head.
And of course still working on dischcloths, and even found some new patterns. A bunch I can do for my lil sis All texas theme.
I'm trying to find some special yarn for a new clapotis. I really love wearing mine. I think the next one will be a little shorter though. The black one I have allready is huge ,but it sure does keep me warm and toasty. I really love it !!!!! :o)
Well not much else has changed still plugging away at work and trying to stay warm It was mostly in the 40's all day. 32 this last morning when I headed home from work. BRRRR

2 comments:

Enid said...

Hey Jan....

I keep telling my husband to move there...maybe between Vegas and Santa Fe. We are going for thanksgivinf to our Cabin...maybe we can meet!?
Enid

KaKi said...

Okay, this is the 5th and last time I will try to leave a comment. I REALLY want to know what a corset-t is! Do you have a pic. or link????? Sounds VERY interesting!!!