Monday, August 21, 2006

Well I made it to Santa Fe. We bought some new uniform clothes for LILD for school. Tomorrow is his first day of First grade. He is so excited he can't wait. We went friday and met the teacher again ( who is grandma to his good friend from kindergarten) He wouldn't stop talking. He showed DAD around the classroom and the lunch room/gym, which they get to play in during the winter months. Also the cool playground.

I got to go to HOBBY LOBBY yipee!!! I found the rest of what I needed for MY secrect pal and am going to wrap it up tomorrow. I all ready had a few small things from Wally world, but I had to get the " gift" Its so cool. Then we went to JOanns and I got for myself a new pair of needles. I got these bamboo ones size 7 for the dishcloth knitalong. I have allready made a few dc's and am really enjoying the cool cable patterns. I can't wait to apply them to a blanket or sweater. Thats the main reason for joining. Plus and excuse to buy cotton yarn. By the way ,I am loving the way these new needles feel. The yarn just glides along. I am just going to have to get started on some new project. I also finished a couple of baby hats. I almost gave one to Kathy-mom(a friend at work) but then remembered I want a picture first. Its purple with matching booties.( MOMsfavorite color). And then another one mint green. but it needs a small bit of lace to make a hat band.

While in Santa Fe we even made it to the OLIVE GARDEN. Wow what a treat. You don't realize what you had till its gone. The restaurants in our small town anre all small and MOM &POP which are good, but there are definetelly no Itailianos living here. I miss the selection of foods. WAHWAHWAH. All right enough of my whining. Have a great day and be good the next project might be for you.....

2 comments:

turtlegirl76 said...

Please insert the code for the Monthly Dishcloth KAL ring so that I may admit you to the ring.

Yarn Girle said...

Hi! Just stopping by to say thank you for commenting on my blog! I decided that it was time to organize the stash. I couldn't find needles or yarn that I wanted. I left wips and random notions all over the house. I had had enough! :) I also enjoyed reading your blog! Your clapotis is gorgeous!! What projects are you working on right now?